ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BURSARY APPLICATION
- Only South African citizen are eligible for the bursary scheme.
- A student must be registered for NC (V) or report to 191 programme .
- In need of financial assistant (a Means Test is administered to determine whether or not a student meets this criterion) and able to demonstrate potential for academic success.
CHECKLIST FOR BURSARY APPLICATION
NB!! All Certified copies must not be older than 3 months.
- Bursary application form completed in full
- Certified copies of the student’s Identity document
- Proof of marital status if married, divorced or widowed (if applicable)
- Certified copies of Identity Documents of both Parents/Guardians
- Certified copies of identity Documents of family members in a house hold
- Certified copies of both Parents/Guardians/spouse salary advice/slips
- If a parent/guardian is unemployed- she/he must make an affidavit at the Commissioner of Oaths
- If parents or guardians are Deceased- supply certified copy of death certificate
- New students apply with their final Grade 10/11/12 statement of results, existing students with their academic history
A bursary may only be awarded to students progressing to the next NC (V) level if they passed at least 5 subjects in the previous NC (V) level. This requirement will be phased in for students progressing NC (V) level 3 in 2017 and NC (V) level 4 in 2018 Colleges must therefore ensure that students who are registered for NC (V) level 2 in 2016 are aware of this requirement
Bursaries are not guaranteed and will be allocated as follows:
- Priority will be to tuition, then
- Transport allocation
- Accomodation for students that come from out of Gauteng province
- Terms and conditions apply
NEW NSFAS APPLICATION PROCESS FOR FINANCIAL AID
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Student Centered Model is Live as From 01 August 2016. Therefore:
- All New Applications Must Be Submitted Directly To NSFAS Online (www.nsfas.org.za).
- Students Who Have Never Received NSFAS Funding Must Apply Online.
- All Who Were Previously Funded by NSFAS and Were Not Funded in 2016 Must Apply Online.
- All Students Who Have Signed Their Loan Agreement Form/ Schedule Of Particulars (SOP) For 2016 And Currently Receiving NSFAS Funding DO NOT HAVE TO Reapply, But Go On Line To Create “MY ACCOUNT” And Update Their Details, Especially Contact Number And Email Address. Please Note That Funding Will Be Granted Provided The Funded Students Meet The NSFAS Academic Requirements.
All Applications Forms Can Be Sent To NSFAS Head Office In Cape Town, via email@example.com or Fax 086 644 2822 or Post To: The 2017 Online Applications, NSFAS Loans & Bursaries Department, Private Bag X4, Plumstead, 7801 Or Report To Your Nearest Sedcol Campus For Assistance.
Closing Date: 20 JANUARY 2017
For Further Details, Applicants Can Contact NSFAS Offices On 0860 067 327 Or
Sedibeng TVET College:
- Central Office: Moipone Nkabane 016 422 6645,
- Vereeniging Campus: Aubrey Mposula 016 421 1150/1,
- Vanderbijlpark Campus: Thabo Marumo 016 931 9406,
- Sebokeng Campus: Semphiwe Qwela 016 930 2800 OR
- Heidelberg Campus: Smangele Selemele 016 349 1022
The College Is Willing to Assist Applicants at Either of the Above Campuses!!