Explain Video Content
How to use: Sedcol Online Students's Portal
The video explains to students how to use the online learning management system (LMS for short).
How they can:
* access lessons posted in the LMS by their lecturers,
* how they can upload assignments,
* track their progress through the course,
* participate in class discussions by interacting with other students who posted comments/ questions on the classroom notice board
Video: How to use the online portal
How to use: Sedcol Online Lecturer's Portal
The video explains to Lecturers how to use the online learning management system (LMS for short).
How they can:
* upload lessons and set the release date for the lesson,
* assign assignments to the lesson,
* add links to additional resources to support the lesson ie. Youtube videos and web pages,
* post messages to individual students,
* assist students who post messages on the class notice board where all classmates may contribute,
* capture test/assessment marks in the system,
* monitor which students have reported for class and also see if a student returned to class for a second/third take of the lesson.
BE AWARE OF COPYRIGHT !!
When you create teaching content be aware of copyright laws.
The best advice is not to include copyrighted material in your videos, keep it original.
Many people creating content on YouTube have lost their channel for not adhering to this rule.
What is copyrighted material?